The students will learn to automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, troubleshoot errors, collaborate on worksheets, and share Excel data with other applications.
Who Should Attend?
This course was designed for students desiring to gain the skills necessary to create macros, collaborate with others, audit and analyse worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, and import and export data.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Enhance productivity and efficiency by streamlining the workflow - Collaborate with other workbook users. - Audit worksheets. - Analyse data. - Work with multiple workbooks. - Import and export data. - Integrate Excel data with the web.
Students enrolling in this class should have experience working in Excel, creating, editing, and managing workbooks. It is recommended that students attend either the Microsoft Excel 2010 - Level 1 or Level 2 before enrolling onto the Level 3 course.
Lesson 1: Streamlining Workflow
- Update Workbook Properties - Create a Macro - Edit a Macro - Apply Conditional Formatting - Add Data Validation Criteria
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Other Users
- Protect Files - Share a Workbook - Set Revision Tracking - Review Tracked Revisions - Merge Workbooks - Administer Digital Signatures - Restrict Document Access
Lesson 3: Auditing Worksheets
- Trace Cells - Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formula Errors - Watch and Evaluate Formulas - Create a Data List Outline,Format Charts
Lesson 4: Analysing Data
- Create a Trendline - Create Sparklines - Create Scenarios - Perform a What-If Analysis - Perform a Statistical Analysis with the Analysis - ToolPak
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Create a Workspace - Consolidate Data - Link Cells in Different Workbooks - Edit Links
Lesson 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Export Excel Data - Import a Delimited Text File - Import and Export XML Data
Lesson 7: Integrating Excel Data with the Web
- Publish a Worksheet to the Web - Import Data from the Web Create a Web Query
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.