The student will learn to use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyse data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charts, and enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
Who Should Attend?
This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering data, using PivotTables and PivotCharts for analysing data, and customizing workbooks.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use advanced formulas - Organize worksheet and table data using various techniques - Create and modify charts - Analyse data using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts - Insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet - Customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office Excel environment
It is recommended that delegates attend the Microsoft Excel 2010 Level 1 course prior to attending the Level 2 course.
Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Apply Cell and Range Names - Calculate Data Across Worksheets - Use Specialized Functions - Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Create and Modify Tables - Format Tables - Sort or Filter Data - Use Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Create a Chart - Modify Charts - Format Charts
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Create a PivotTable Report - Filter Data Using Slicers - Analyze Data Using PivotCharts
Lesson 5: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Insert and Modify Pictures and ClipArt - Draw and Modify Shapes - Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics - Layer and Group Graphic Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing and Enhancing the Excel Environment
- Customize the Excel Environment - Customize Workbooks
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.