In this course students will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft® Office Access® 2007 application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for students who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Share Access data with other applications - Use VBA to automate a business process - Create and modify a database switchboard and set the start-up options - Secure and distribute databases. - share databases using a SharePoint site
It is recommended that delegates attend a Microsoft Access 2010 Level 1 or Level 2 course prior to attending the Microsoft Access 2010 Level 3 course.
Lesson 1: Integrating Access into Your Business
- Import XML Data into an Access Database - Export Access Data to the XML Format - Export Data to an Outlook Address Book - Collect Data through Email Messages
Lesson 2: Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Create a Standard Module - Develop Code - Call a Procedure from a Form - Run a Procedure
Lesson 3: Managing Switchboards
- Create a Database Switchboard - Modify a Database Switchboard - Set the Start-up Options
Lesson 4: Distributing and Securing Databases
- Split a Database - Implement Security - Set Passwords - Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File - Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 5: Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site
- Export a Table to a SharePoint List - Import Data from a SharePoint List - Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site - Move a Database to a SharePoint Site - Work Offline
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.