Course Start Time: 09:30*
The Level 3 Award in Fire Safety Risk Assessment and Control helps candidates consolidate and develop their existing knowledge of workplace fire safety. Candidates gain a thorough understanding of the formal fire risk assessment process for premises that do not contain high risk associated with the work or building features.
This qualification has been developed either to; support ‘responsible persons’ (usually employers or landlords) who wish to undertake their own fire risk assessment or enable ‘responsible persons’ to appoint an appropriate person to undertake the fire risk assessment on their behalf.
Pre-requisites: Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles (or equivalent).
Validity of Award: This qualification does not expire
Length of Course & Support:
One-day classroom based training programme (7 hours) with pre course work activity, plus a minimum of 20 guided learning hours for further research and trainer support to complete the Fire Risk Assessment activity.
We offer an ongoing support and guidance service in order for candidates to complete their work place assignment.
This course covers the following topics:
- The importance of fire safety in the workplace
- The reasons for using a fire risk assessment and the principles involved
- How to link the principles of fire risk assessment to practical examples of workplaces and activities
- How fire risk controls are used in the workplace
- How to use the findings gained from a fire risk assessment to improve the safety of the workplace
- How to apply knowledge of fire risk and control in a practical setting
Candidate will be required to draft a fire risk assessment based on their own work environment, based on the awarding body marking criteria.
*Course times will be confirmed on your joining instructions which will be sent by the training provider