The Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering is a qualification aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The course is intended for candidates already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry. The course will be especially useful for those involved in maintaining HACCP in a catering environment, and for those who are or will be part of a HACCP team.
This qualification is outside the QCF, however, it could be used a prior knowledge to enrol onto a QCF qualification in the future.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification; however, it is advised that learners already hold the Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
Validity of Award: This qualification does not expire
Length of Course: Minimum of 6 contact hours.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Recognising and defining common HACCP terms and the principles of HACCP
- Recognising the need for a systematic approach for food safety management
- Implementation of HACCP
- Identifying common food hazards and controls
- Identifying critical control points, critical limits and target levels
- Verifying, reviewing and documenting HACCP systems in a catering environment
Assessment: This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination.