Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) or Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Training may also be delivered unaccredited, with issue of hsh certificate of attendance
Guided Learning Hours: 18-21 hours
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. It is strongly advised that candidates already hold the Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace and also have a minimum of level 2 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
A three day course designed for supervisors, owners, team leaders or managers responsible for health and safety in their work place. Supervisors have both a legal and moral responsibility to look after the health and safety of employees. This qualification will enable managers and supervisors to improve the health and safety culture of their organisation, whatever its size or activity.
The course is usually run one day per week, for four consecutive weeks (last session half day only for review and examination).
The course covers:
- The principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Health & Safety Law & Enforcement
- Health and safety organisation and management
- The prevention of accidents and ill health.
- Risk assessment : Hazard Risk and Control
- Health & Safety systems, records and documentation
- Supervising health and safety
- The practical approach
Assessment is a 2 hour, 60 question multi-choice examination (pass mark 40).
Candidates will have achieved a merit if they achieve 50/60.