This qualification is designed for managers and supervisors, in any sector and any organisation, who are required to manage risk and resources within their organisation.
The managing safely qualification accredited by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, is the gold standard for managing safely. From risk assessment to incident investigation, this programme will give you everything you need to comply with your health and safety obligations to both your staff and the law.
- Understand the fundamentals of industry recognised health and safety management processes; e.g. BS880, OHSAH 18001 and others
- Able to contribute basic principles to health and safety measures, as part of an organisational strategy
- Demonstrate understanding of quantitative risk assessment processes
- Implement health and safety review of their own departmental systems
- Understand terms such as ‘hazard’ and ‘risk
- Prepare basic risk assessments and method statements
- Investigate the causes of incidents and accidents causing injury