On successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to:-
- Define hazards & risks
- Describe the legal requirements for risk assessments
- Describe methods of basic trend & epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Describe work place precaution hierarchies
- Distinguish specific hazards both generally and from an organisational perspective
- Outline the main provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
For those required to manage safely & effectively in compliance with both their organisation's policy and best practice in health & safety.
Module 1: Managing safely
Module 2: Reactive monitoring
Module 3: Risk assessment & risk control
Module 4: Health & safety legislation
Module 5: Common Hazards
Module 6: Active Monitoring
Module 7: Safety management systems
Module 8: Hazards - client specific
Class & group exercises involving role-play enhance this highly participative course that is delivered by laptop & power point presentation. Highly successful and practical, IOSH courses are delivered to an average of 60,000 people every year.
Managing Safely involves around 25 hours of tuition and exercises.
Course duration: Three days