First Aid At Work - Requalification
The First Aid at Work Re-qualification course runs for 2 days and enables the student to refresh their First Aid at Work Certificate.
The First Aid at Work certificate lasts for three years but you are expected to take the refresher ever year.
The course runs in accordance with the current First Aid Manual.
To provide students with current knowledge to re-qualify as a first Aider in the workplace, and to efficiently manage any event at work where a person requires medical attention.
On successful completion the student will be able to:
- Recognise both trauma and medical emergencies
- Provide basic first aid treatment for both conscious and unconscious casualties
- Take sufficient steps to provide professional medical treatment
- State and use the contents of a first aid kit
- Safely and efficiently manage any incident where somebody requires medical attention at work
Some of the topics covered are:
- Incident management
- Casualty management
- Recovery position
- Airway blockages and disorders
- Heart Conditions
- Bandaging and slings
- Fractures, dislocations and strains
- Head injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold