Following the recent changes to the CSCS Green Card (Labourer Card) delegates have been advised that one route they could follow to gain their card is to undertake this course, combined with the Specialist Labourer Test.
Employers must provide adequate training for their operatives in compliance with their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
They must ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities to both the company and to others. This one day course concludes with a written test.
The minimum entry equipment is a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Who should attend?
Employees who have entered, or about to enter, the construction industry but have not yet received basic health and safety training or those persons requiring refresher training. As of July 2014 this Site Safety Plus course is one of the minimum requirements needed for employees to gain a labourer’s CSCS green card.
- Accident Statistics and prevention
- Health & Safety at Work etc Act
- Risk Assessment and Control
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Fire Safety
- Work at Height
- Noise & Vibration
- Work Equipment & Lifting Operations
- Excavations & Confined Spaces
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Manual Handling Operations
- Safety Signs & Signals