Health and Safety Awareness
Who Should Attend?
People who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry.
This course gives construction operatives an awareness of health and safety and how it affects their daily role. It can be used as preparation training for the CSCS Health and Safety Test or as refresher training for operatives.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety for others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
Candidates will gain qualification/certification in:
- ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate
The minimum entry equipment is a good understanding of spoken and written English.
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Candidates will be continuously assessed and will have to complete a multiple-choice test.