This course is for you if you’re considering, or already, working within the construction and civil engineering industry.
This course highlights potential hazards when working on site and provides practical advice on keeping yourself and your colleagues safe. It covers your individual and employer’s responsibilities, including what you can do if you think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Course Entry Criteria
Must be physically and mentally fit to carry out the rigours of training. Delegates must be able to read and write in English.
- Occupational Health
- How your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Typical construction hazards and how to control them
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Manual Handling
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment