The aims of this Module shall give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour and perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment, in accordance with GWO Manual Handling.
The BST Manual Handling Module shall ensure that:
(1) The Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
(2) The Delegates are able to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
(3) The Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of safe practises of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
(4) The Delegates are able to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
(5) The Delegates are able to demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
(6) The Delegates are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques