The aim of this course is to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to prevent fires, conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire, and, if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic hand held firefighting equipment.
The BST Fire Awareness Module shall ensure that:
(1) The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire
(2) The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the dangers related to this
(3) The Delegates are able to identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment
(4) The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
(5) The Delegates are able to demonstrate correct actions on discovering a fire including correct operation and fire extinguishing by means of the firefighting equipment in a WTG