L3 First Aid at Work course
This 3 day first aid course is a Level 3 QCF Award and recommended by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Upon completion, this makes you a fully qualified first aider with the skills to deal with any situation.
This course is Ofqual Accredited.
Our first aid at work courses provide the training, assessment and certification to become a qualified first aider if your assessment shows the need for a first aider in the work place.
Alongside meeting these requirements, you will also be equipped with the knowledge and skills to administer a wide variety of first aid techniques in the workplace with confidence – from treating minor wounds to saving the lives of colleagues in life-threatening situations.
The course is HSE recommended and complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the approved code of practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace first aiders.
This 3 day course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training in the following information and treatments:
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys
Upon successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an Ofqual approved and nationally recognised First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.