This qualification is based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This qualification outlines a range of knowledge and practical skills for providing first aid. Learners will practise assessing and managing an incident and demonstrate how to treat a variety of conditions from life threatening illnesses to minor injuries.
By the end of the course students will:
1. Know how to assess an incident
2. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
3. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
4. Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
5. Manage a casualty who is in shock
Assessment: On-going practical assessment throughout the course
Usually 9.00am - 12.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.