This three day programme has been designed to comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the HSE First Aid at Work Approved Code of Practice and Guidance.
Tuition is classroom based and requires 100% attendance. There is time built into each day for practical exercises. A first aid manual is included in the price.
Who Should Attend
All staff who are designated to be a first aider.
By the end of the programme, delegates will be able to:
- Deal with emergencies whilst at work which occur to staff and visitors
- Become qualified in First Aid at Work
- Role of the first aider
- Introduction to first aid
- The unconscious breathing casualty
- Airway & breathing difficulties
- Circulation & disorders
- Wounds and bleeding
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Injuries to muscles, joints and bones
- Written & practical assessment