What’s the course all about?
This basic Fire Marshal training course is specifically designed for anyone whose role, during an outbreak of fire, is to ensure that everyone gets out safely and if necessary, can safely and successfully use fire extinguishers.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand fire spread and smoke travel
- Have knowledge of Fire Regulations, particularly with regard to means of escape
- Identify fire risk hazards in the workplace including obstructions to the means of escape
- Ensure the evacuation of those people in their care
- Demonstrate practical skills in the use of extinguishers
Exactly What Will I Do?
The course content will follow these elements:
- Elements of combustion and extinction
- Characteristics of fire, fire spread and smoke travel
- The Fire Safety Regulations and your role
- Recognising fire hazards in the workplace, the need for good housekeeping and maintaining adequate means of escape
- Fire fighting equipment, type and practical use
- Basic principles of risk assessment
- The role of the Fire Marshal during an incident
- The fire routine
- Evacuating personnel
- Assembly areas
- Head count and reporting missing personnel
There will also be a practical session involving a tour of the working environment to spot fire hazards and raise awareness of evacuation routes and fire escape principles.
Who should attend? Those persons nominated to take on the role of Fire Marshal in their workplace
Student Requirements: Some fire safety knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential
How long will it last? This is a half day course
How many will be there? Maximum of 15
Do I get anything to take away? You will get a certificate of successful completion.