Course Category: First Aid
Course Details & Pre-requisites:
Emergency First Aid at Work or EFAW, is accepted as the minimum standard that must be achieved for many who are designated at workplace First Aiders. This course is an ideal stepping stone and introduction to the First Aid at Work qualification that other designated First Aiders will have to achieve. No Previous experience is necessary to join this course.
As of January 1st 2017, HSE insist that all First Aid at Work Qualifications are accompanied by training on the use of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators). This is in line with Resuscitation Council UK guidelines which now state that when managing a casualty requiring CPR first aiders are to request an AED.
We have taken the initiative to include this on all courses effective as of July 2016 to ensure that our clients receive the very best quality of service and up-to-date advice. AED training will be incorporated in to our First Aid at Work (including refreshers) and Emergency First Aid at Work qualifications and students will receive individual certificates to highlight AED competency.
Please note; delegates are required to bring photo ID.
To provide students with the skills to perform Emergency First Aid in the workplace.
By the end of the training session the students will be able to do the following:
- Discuss how to deal with an emergency
- Discuss and demonstrate Infection Control measures – Gloves and other barriers
- Discuss and demonstrate the Primary Survey
- Discuss the causes of unconsciousness
- Discuss and demonstrate the Secondary Survey
- Discuss and demonstrate CPR – Adults, children, babies
- Discuss and demonstrate choking procedures - Adults, children, babies
- Discuss and demonstrate the prevention and control of Shock
- Discuss and demonstrate bleeding management – Various wounds
- Discuss the procedures for dealing with Burns
- Discuss the need for, and completion of, Accident Report books and RIDDOR forms
Course Duration: 1 Day
Assessment: Continuous skills assessment by the tutor.
Certificate: HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (inc. AED)
Certificate Duration: 3 Years (yearly refresher recommended)