Emergency First Aid At Work - 1 Day
This course is designed for those persons appointed to take charge of emergencies within the workplace. The course should be refreshed every year.
The course runs in accordance with the current First Aid Manual.
This one day course will provide students with the basic knowledge in what to do if somebody has an accident at work.
On successful completion the student will be able to:
- Summon the emergency services
- Provide basic First Aid treatment for both conscious and unconscious casualties
- State the contents of a First Aid Kit
- Conduct the necessary duties in the aftermath phase of an accident in the workplace
- Introduction, Danger, Diagnosis, Treatment, Disposal Asphyxia
- Asphyxia, Causes, Cardio Pulmonary, Resuscitation Control of bleeding and circulation
- Bleeding, First Aid Kits, Circulation, Control of Bleeding Causes of unconsciousness - treatment and recovery position
- Bleeding, Circulatory Failure, Amputations Burns
- Unconsciousness, Causes, Treatment, Recovery Position, Spinal Injury Recovery Position Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous, Burns, Poisons, Eye Injuries, Fractures
- Open Forum