Minimum of 6 hours training time
Course Outline: This course is suitable for low risk smaller firms and organisations
The aim of this course is to teach life saving procedures to be carried out in an emergency situation.
The syllabus below shows the topics that must be covered to qualify for an Emergency First aid at Work certificate
There is no formal examination, however a student’s competence is assessed whilst taking part in practical sessions throughout the duration of the course.
Course Content Includes:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions
- Basic Hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Minor Injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Major Bleed
- Fractures / Dislocations
All candidates receive a comprehensive first aid manual.
Certification: This qualification is valid for 3 years