Course Start Time: Delegates must arrive by 8am
The Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work has been accredited by the regulators of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and is part of both the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
Learners gaining this qualification will know that First Aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. It is to teach candidates to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age or above
- Physically able to carry out CPR on the floor
Candidates must be able to prove their identity using one of the following methods:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photo card driving licence
- Valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police
- Other photographic id card e.g.
- Employee ID card
- Student ID card
- Travel card
Validity of Award: 36 months.
Length of Course: Minimum of 6 contact hours.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Being able to assess an incident
- Being able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Being able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Being able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Being able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Being able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Being able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Effective demonstration of using an automated external defibrillator (AED) as follows:
- Place AED pads correctly
This qualification is assessed through practical and oral questioning through the duration of the course by the tutor. Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques in all the areas indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
*Course times will be confirmed on your joining instructions which will be sent to you directly by the training provider