DSDM ATERN AWARENESS
Atern is the latest version of DSDM, the proven Agile Project Delivery Framework. Atern works for projects of all types and helps to deliver results quickly and effectively.
It concentrates on strategic goals and incremental delivery of real business benefits while keeping control of cost, risk and quality. Business Agility is enabled through self-directed, empowered teams working together in a supportive and collaborative manner. Atern can be applied to a wide range of projects from small developments all the way up to full scale business process change.
This course provides an introduction to DSDM Atern. It explores the benefits and risks of using this approach in comparison with more traditional waterfall approaches to solution development projects.
It will enable delegates to see the advantages of this approach for early delivery of business benefit. It also addresses the fact that many projects are evolutionary; results cannot be defined fully at the outset and the project must embrace change and manage this.
This is a 1 day course.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the concepts and benefits of Agile development
- Understand why many projects are evolutionary
- Understand the philosophy, approach and principles of DSDM Atern
- Recognise the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products
- Appreciate the roles and skills needed in a DSDM Atern project team
- Recognise the techniques available for collaborative working
- Understand the concepts of timeboxed planning and prioritisation
- Appreciate how DSDM Atern leads to delivery on time, in budget, every time
Who Should Attend
Those wishing to gain an appreciation of Agile projects, and the DSDM Atern approach and benefits. These will include:
- Business Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Solution Analysts, Designers and Implementers
- User Representatives and subject matter experts
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control personnel
Philosophy, Approach and Principles
- What is DSDM Atern?
- Background and evolution of DSDM Atern
- Philosophy, approach and principles
- Flexibility of requirements, 80/20 approach
- Prioritisation and MoSCoW
- Benefits of DSDM Atern
Framework and Products
- Framework and lifecycle overview
- Optional products
- Elements and plug-ins
- Implementing agility with the products
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Governance issues
- Roles and skills
- Agility and team structures
Techniques and Tools
- Facilitated workshops
- Modelling and prototyping
- Requirements management
- The MoSCoW rules
- Timeboxing and estimating
- Timebox planning
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.