Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Supervisors within the past two years.
To provide thorough training on the responsibilities of a Lift Supervisor. To enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content:
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Personal responsibilities
- Cranes: types and terms
- Crane documentation
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- British Standard 1721
- Covers role of crane supervisor
- Covers role of appointed persons
- Preparing an area, with exclusion zones
- LOLER and Puwer Duration of Training:
3 days training + 1 day testing Test:
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test. CPCS Competence Card The Red CPCS Trained Operator Card lasts for 2 years.