Crane Supervisor A62
The Crane Supervisor CPCS Code A62 course will train you to:
Observe legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
1. Follow safe systems of work including method statements
2. Take personal responsibility
3. Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
4. Understand crane documentation
5. Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
6. Have crane appreciation
7. Observe British Standard 7121
8. Understand the role of crane supervisor
9. Understand the role of appointed person
10. Prepare an area with exclusion zones.
This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for supervising lifting operations. You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
‘Crane supervisor’ is a highly responsible role and only suitable personnel will be selected
- When you book the course, you will be asked to complete a self-profiling form to help you determine your level of knowledge.
- You must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test for supervisors within the last two years.