This CPCS Red Card Package Excavator 360, Above 10 Tonnes Tracked training course is designed for Plant Operators who have some previous experience on Plant machinery, specifically Excavators above 10 tonnes.
To instruct delegates how to safely operate an Excavator above 10 tonnes on construction sites, to ensure compliance with the law and secure the health and safety of all employees and of those who may be affected by their actions.
Please be advised that in order to undertake this course you will need to supply the following information at the time of booking:
- Candidate’s full name
- Candidate's date of birth
- National insurance number
- CITB number
- The date the Health Safety & Environment Test was passed
Please be advised that any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must hold a valid Health, Safety & Environment Test which has been taken within the last 2 years. Any candidate who books onto this course and does not hold this prior to the technical tests will be unable to sit the technical tests and will not be eligible for a refund.
Candidates who fail to achieve the minimum standard required will not be eligible for a refund.
If you have not taken this test within the last 2 years, please call 0344 994 4488 to book a test.
Days One and Two
- Introduction & explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of Plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of operator's manual.
Days Three and Four:
- Practical operation, including:
- Excavation of material.
- Tipper loading.
- Operating on inclines.
- Safe use of the quick hitch.
- Using the excavator for lifting operations.
- Theory and Practical assessments for the CPCS Red Card Excavator 360, above 10 tonnes tracked*.
On completion of the training course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge and information to enable them to complete the CPCS Theory test for Excavators above 10 tonnes.
A high proportion of the training is of a practical nature which will be supplemented with some classroom based tutorials.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Due to the relatively short nature of this course all delegates attending should have had some prior history of Excavator operation, if this is not the case then candidates should look at completing the full novice course first.
*There are two different categories of Excavator based on machine size. Candidates should ensure that they are on the correct course prior to attendance.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.