A31 Ride on Roller - Experienced Worker
Price includes training days, theory and practical test. Course Aims
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Ride on Roller, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
• Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
• Undertake all pre-use checks.
• Configure and ready for site travel.
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
• Configure and set for compacting duties.
• Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
• Compact loose granular materials to specification.
• Compact in straight lines and around radii.
• Compact supported and unsupported edges.
• Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Please note: Any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must have taken the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.
Any candidate that books onto this course and does not hold the above prior to the technical test will not be eligible for a refund.