Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
Is to provide delegates with the training to confirm their understanding of safe and correct operation of the Wheeled Loading Shovel.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the wheeled loading shovel will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator - Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Duration of Training: 1 day theory training + 1 day testing
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card:
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.