Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Telescopic Handler tonnes to enable the candidate to competently and safely operate the machine and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content:
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedure
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts
- The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basis construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds Duration of Training:
1 day theory training + 1 day testing Test:
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.