Who Should Attend?
This A17 Telescopic Handler Intermediate training course is designed for Plant Operators who have some previous experience on Plant machinery and Telescopic Handlers.
To instruct delegates how to safely operate a Telescopic handler on construction sites, to ensure compliance with the law and secure the health and safety of all employees and of those who may be affected by their actions.
Please be advised that in order to undertake this course you will need to supply the following information at the time of booking:
- Candidate’s full name
- Candidate's date of birth
- National insurance number
- CITB number
- The date the Health, Safety & Environment Test was passed
Please be advised that any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must hold a valid Health, Safety & Environment Test which has been taken within the last 2 years. Any candidate who books onto this course and does not hold this prior to the technical tests will be unable to sit the technical tests and will not be eligible for a refund.
Candidates who fail to achieve the minimum standard required will not be eligible for a refund.
If you have not taken this test within the last 2 years, please call 0344 994 4488 to book a test.
The CPCS Telescopic Handler training course content includes:
Days One and Two:
- Introduction and explanation of CPCS Telescopic Handler qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of Plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of operator's manual.
- CPCS Theory and Practical Telescopic Handler Test Preparation.
- Theory and Practical Assessments for CPCS Red Card Telescopic Handler A17*
On completion of the Telescopic Handler training course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge and information to enable them to complete the CPCS assessment for Telescopic handlers.
A high proportion of the training is of a practical nature which will be supplemented with some classroom based tutorials.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Due to the relatively short nature of the CPCS Telescopic Handler training course all delegates attending should have had some prior history of Telehandler operation, if this is not the case then candidates should look at completing the full novice Telehandler training course first.
*There are four different categories of Telehandler A17 candidates should ensure that they are on the correct course prior to attendance.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.