Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Counterbalance/Industrial Forklift, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, and applicable legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for travel.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state. - Set the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Duration of training: 1 day theory training and 1 day testing
Test: To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card:
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.