A36 Lorry Loader
Price includes training, theory and practical test. Course Aims
To provide thorough practical and theory training in the responsibilities of a Lorry Loader, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content
- Carrying out pre start and running checks of the carrier vehicle & lifting appliance
- Configure the lorry loader & carrier vehicle for site & road travel
- Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into position in order to carry out lifting exercises
- Set up carrier vehicle to carry out lifts at minimum & maximum radii
- Load vehicle in accordance with industry practices
- Secure loads on vehicle bed in accordance with industry practices
- Remove and reattach bucket
- Place machine in and out of service condition
- Explain loading and unloading procedures Duration of Training
Foundation Training - 2 Days training + 1 day testing
Refresher Training – 1 day training + 1 day testing Test
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Please note: Any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must have taken the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.