To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces (with and without loads).
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to the full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Next Steps: Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
Please note: Any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must have taken the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.
Any candidate that books onto this course and does not hold the above prior to the technical test will not be eligible for a refund.