CPCS A12 Excavator 180 degree above 5 tonnes
Price includes test days, theory and practical test. Course Aims
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a 180 degree Excavator, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content
- Operating the machinery to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- How to interpret the information provided by level pegs, profiles and so on
- What routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out Duration of Training
Foundation Training - 5 Days training + 1 day testing
Refresher Training – 1 day training + 1 day testing Test
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs. NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Please note: Any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must have taken the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.
Any candidate that books onto this course and does not hold the above prior to the technical test will not be eligible for a refund.