This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical tests you will receive the CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them. It will also provide you with the ability to interpret and apply sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the BS 7121 Safe Use of Cranes guidelines.
If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, on completion of this course you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Take personal responsibility
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Plan a lift
- You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test for managerial and
professional persons no more than two years before attending the course.
- You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and Exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical exercises. Candidates will be assessed through theory and practical tests.