Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test within the past two years.
- Days One & Two: Theory and practical training
- Day Three: CPCS theory and practical testsEndorsements:
A: Wheeled and B: Tracked
- Roles and responsibilities
- Dumper controls and terminology.
- Regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use inspection checks.
- Operating over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces - loaded and unloaded.
- Actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Complying with loading procedures.
- Load integrity and security.
- Transfer and discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Shut down procedures.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CPCS Trained Operator 'Red' card which is valid for two years.