The CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work may be more suitable for lower risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
Who is it for?
Anyone identified by their employer as being suitable to take on the role of an emergency first aider in their workplace.
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work consists of Unit 1 of the CIEH Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.
- Roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- External bleeding
- Minor injuries
The assessment criteria has changed – delegates must:
- Participate in all three assessment activities
- Complete a test paper
- Demonstrate competence in first aid procedures for the management of a casualty:
- Who is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- Who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- With external bleeding who is in shock
The assessment will be conducted by the trainer on the day.
Successful candidates will receive a nationally recognised CIEH certificate and credit card sized passport card. Re-qualification is mandatory every 3 years.
6 hours contact time (not including breaks). This course can be run in-house for up to 12 learners per instructor. Larger groups can be accommodated, please call for details.