What is CDM 2015 in Practice about?
CDM 2015 in Practice provides an in-depth explanation of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015, which replace CDM 2007. The course presents the specific ‘interactive’ duties CDM 2015 places on those planning, managing, monitoring, co-ordinating and carrying out construction work: in particular the new responsibilities of the client to ensure the principal designer and principal con-tractor and other duty holders fulfil their duties in compliance with CDM 2015. Delegates will also have a clear understanding of the documentation required of CDM 2015 in a practical setting.
It will benefit your employer by:
- More effective working from employees, compliant with CDM Regulations 2015 with minimal disruption.
You will benefit from:
- Understanding the impact of the new CDM Regulations 2015 to ensure you are compliant in your role and responsibilities and also those of all duty holders.
Is CDM 2015 for me?
This course is primarily targeted at people working in the key roles as defined in CDM 2015 and their new responsibilities. It is also suitable for those whose function requires a detailed understanding of these roles and new responsibilities.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to CDM 2015: scope, application, and interpretation of key terminology, codes of practice and industry guidance.
- The specific duties of and practical interactions between the five duty holders: Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor.
- Overview of the general health and safety requirements for all construction sites.
- Key documentation: notification, pre-construction information, construction phase plan, health and safety file.
You are assessed with a one hour open book test. You will receive a Certificate from the training provider on successful completion.
What is included in the price?
- Comprehensive course materials
- Expert tutor support
- Lunch and refreshments each day at the venue
Why take my CDM 2015 in Practice classroom course?
- Lively training combining tutorials with interactive exercises and quizzes to provide you with the knowledge to understand the structure and content of CDM 2015, with a specific focus on the role and responsibilities of the client, principal designer, and principal contractor.
- Tutor guided discussion to assist the learning process and practical understanding.
- Expert tutor support from highly qualified trainers with experience of working in health & safety roles in the construction sector.
- Learning materials are created in-house by our learning development team to ensure consistency, quality and currency of information in line with legislation.
- Confidence that you will have the practical knowledge to use it effectively in your role.