The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) are designed to:
- Improve construction related health and safety management
- Have the right people for the right job at the right time to manage the risks on site
- Focus on effective planning and manage the risk - not the paperwork
This course gives an overview of CDM 2015 whilst focusing on the duties of the Designers and Principal Designers.
This is a one day workshop style course.
Who Should Attend
Any person or organisation who takes the role of Designer or Principal Designer is advised to attend. Designers include: architects, civil and structural engineers, building surveyors, landscape architects or building service designers.
- CDM 2015 overview
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Pre-Construction Information
- Design risk assessment and control
- Red, amber, green (RAG) lists and their purpose
- Liaison with duty holders during the construction phase
- Preparation of the Health and Safety File
- Handover to a Principal Contractor
- Workshops include:
- Pre- Construction Information
- The Health and Safety File
- Design Risk Assessment
Certification and Assessments:
Delegates are issued with a certificate of attendance.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses:
Risk Assessment Workshop, NEBOSH Certificate in Construction.