Duration: 1 day
Need course dates or locations to suit you? CLICK HERE TO SEND ENQUIRY...
This one day interactive course has been designed for company Directors with the aim of recognising human and financial implications of health and safety legislation noncompliance. The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum.
Who Should Attend?
Company Directors whose business is in the Construction Industry.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs / implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety throughout the whole project
- Recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation
At the end of the courses delegates will be required to sit a multiple choice assessment.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Construction Skills Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
To be able to attend the course, delegates will be expected to have either previously completed the DRHS course, or have a working knowledge of relevant H&S legislation.
For courses from January 2022 you will also be a required to complete a free e-Learning course prior to your start date. All delegates must then submit their certificate prior to starting the course, failure to do so will mean you can’t take the course.