The Abrasive Wheels Training Course is designed for all operators, managers and supervisors, who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels as defined in PUWER Regulations 1998, and the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974.
The abrasive wheel regulations are now part of legislation PUWER (provision & use of work equipment regulations 1998).
It is a legal requirement under The Provision and use of Work Equipment 1998 (PUWER) that all staff who use abrasive wheels, receive abrasive wheels training in the safe use of the equipment and changing of abrasive wheels.
This course covers the following:
- Employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storage, handling and transportation
- Testing and inspection
- Methods of mounting on equipment
- Method of dressing wheels
- Compounds used in manufacture
- Accident statistics
Candidates will take a short written test.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate.