UK Construction Week 2022
UK Construction Week is taking place at the ExCeL centre in London from 3-5 May. This year, the focus is on “culture change in construction”, and as over 25,000 people are expected to attend, this is a topic of interest to many. There are more than 300 exhibitors signed up, showcasing 10,000+ products, as well as 300 speakers.
What does “Culture Change in Construction” mean?
As the construction industry has changed, there have been new behaviours and practices that have come with these changes. Some of these are focused on the culture within the industry; that is, issues including diversity, health and wellbeing, digitalisation, recruitment, retention and education.
As the show takes place over 3 days, these are split into different areas:
- Day 1: New rules surrounding aspects such as building safety, new ways of working and public procurement.
- Day 2: Digitilisation, Net Zero and energy
- Day 3: People: diversity, health, wellbeing and recruitment/retention
There are set to be multiple specialist “hubs” throughout the show, including:
- The “Digital Construction Hub” which will deliver practical workshops in which new technology can improve efficiency, productivity and profitability. such as digital strategy, BIM, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
- The “Infrastructure Hub” which will be an area for speakers from major projects such as HS2, Royal Docks London and Thames Tideway.
- The “Sustainability Hub” will be an area for sessions to take place on new practices and technologies such as low carbon building, 3D printing, waste issues and regenerative design.
- The “Offsite Alliance Hub” will be dedicated to Alliance members who work alongside industry bodies, government and leading organisations to discuss the uptake and delivery of offsite technologies in the residential sector.
Related training courses
If any of these topics are of interest, we offer training courses that discuss different aspects. These include:
- CITB SMSTS – aimed at site managers, the SMSTS course focuses in part on managing the health and wellbeing of the workforce, as well as boosting morale in part to keep retention high.
- CITB SSSTS – aimed at site supervisors, this course also looks at boosting morale, health and wellbeing of those under the supervisor taking the course.
- CITB SEATS – this environmental awareness course focuses on the issues from a construction site that impact the environment, including new technologies and practices to reduce any negative effects.
- Waste Management – Waste management courses include modules on sustainability and ethically disposing of waste to ensure there are minimal effects on the environment.
- Environmental Management – There are different courses within this section that focus on eco issues including sustainability, low carbon technologies and waste issues.