This 1 day CITB SSSTS Refresher certificate training course is is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Please note: This course can only be attended by current and valid CITB SSSTS certificate holders. Individuals wishing to renew their SSSTS certificate must provide a copy of the original two-day course certificate.
The refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
Duration: 1 day
A multi choice assessment is conducted at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
This course is for first line managers – those who have to, or are about to, acquire supervisory responsibilities.
HSE enforcement actions and consequences for site management
- Health and Safety Law
- (Regulatory Reform) Fire Order
- Occupational Health
- Respiratory risks
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Practical Exercise
- Hazardous Substances COSHH
- COSHH Assessments
- Occupational Dermatitis
- COSHH Regulations / CDM controls
- Work at Height Regulations
- Manual Handling
All course materials required are provided and will be made available to you on the day.
The training is carried out in accordance with Nationally Accredited Standards, leading to each delegate being issued a certificate of attainment from the CITB Construction Skills.