Course Details & Pre-requisites:
The SSSTS - Refresher course is the ideal way to update your SSSTS qualification without the need to sit through, or pay for, the 2 day SSSTS course. Delivered over the course of 1 day, the information imparted to student covers all the updates that have happened in the past few years. The course also makes sure that the students are continuing to effectively supervise the on site safety of their workers. To enroll on this course a valid SSSTS certificate must be provided before booking can be completed.
Please note; delegates are required to bring photo ID
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand why they are carrying out their identified duties, what is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course the Delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Course Duration: 1 Day
Assessment: Written paper: 30 Multi-choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.