What’s the course all about?
The nationally recognised Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Construction Skills Site Safety Plus accredited SSSTS training course is an essential part of modern day site supervisor’s safety training.
What will I learn?
This two day course provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
Exactly What Will I Do?
The aim of this course is to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- That they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their role fits in with the management structure in controlling site safety
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works on site in construction at a supervisory level, or who is about to acquire supervisory responsibilities for onsite work.
Student Requirements: No previous training required.
How long will it last? 2 days
How many will be there? Maximum of 20
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.