This course is ideal for first time site supervisors.
The SSSTS qualification will give site supervisors a level of understanding of certain issues such as their legal health and safety responsibilities.
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the work place.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.