This course is for first line managers and those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health, safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carryout risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carryout site inductions, tool box talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- Full attendance of all CITB SSSTS training course sessions.
- Performance in each of the one core exercises.
- An overall review by the course tutor.
- A pass mark in the question multi-choice test.
Successful delegate(s) will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate (SSSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Please note that CITB Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and delegate(s) will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Delegates will receive all course books and materials required for the successful completion of the course. In addition, delegates will have the option to purchase additional training materials and publications to supplement their learning and development.
Refreshments and a light lunch are provided on full day courses. Specific information will be included within the course joining instructions.