Site Management Safety Training Scheme CITB-Construction Skills
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is a high quality course for the construction industry. Accredited by CITB-Construction Skills this 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme will be a valuable tool for you and your company. Who should attend:
This session is aimed at Site Managers, Agents and Supervisors. All new and potential managers and supervisors within your workplace will benefit from this session.
Aims and objectives of the briefing:
This course has been designed to help site managers, agents and supervisors to; manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role. It also aims to develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for health, safety and welfare and gives the delegates the ability to recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
The course will consist of the following:
- Acts and Regulations relevant to the management of health and safety within Construction Identification and application of appropriate control measures
- Scaffolding Risk Assessment
- Electricity Method Statements
- Excavations Confined Spaces
- Demolition The legal aspects of health and safety
- Site set up CDM
- Accidents, RIDDOR and First Aid Provision of welfare facilities
- Active and reactive monitoring Communications and health and safety training
The SMSTS course has been designed to be taken over a five day period; this is made up of one day per week over a 5 week period.
We prefer to limit the number of delegates per course to no more than 10 in order to maintain the quality of our Training Programme and to guarantee full understanding of the subject through individual attention.
The tutor is a qualified and competent Health and Safety professional with experience in Health & Safety related training. All tutors delivering this course are registered with CITB-Construction Skills. Tutors are periodically assessed by our own quality control assessor in conjunction with an independent assessor from CITB, the client should be aware this quality control assessment could be carried out without prior notice being given to the client.
Location and Equipment required:
If preferred the course can be held on customer premises and will require the use of a boardroom/training room with the facilities to comfortably accommodate the maximum number of delegates.
The Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate is awarded to candidates who have:
- Attended the minimum 37 ½ hours training course.
- Achieved 70% or more in each of the four core exercises.
- Achieved 70% or more in the tutors review of the candidates overall performance during the course.
- Achieved 72% or more in the multiple-choice examination
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.