Site managers Safety Training Scheme Refresher
This two day course aims to refresh you understanding of your key responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health, welfare and the environment, enabling you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site.
Aims and Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- New guidance and industry best practice
- Their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and environment
Candidates will be issued with a copy of:
- Construction Site Safety GE700 Mandatory
The method of assessment is by examination (multiple choice questions) at the end of the course as well as continuous assessment through interactive sessions.
Certificates are issued by Construction Skills and are valid for 5 years.
The refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the five day construction Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS) or subsequent refresher course, and hold a valid SMSTS certificate, and have provided evidence to the training provider of their eligibility.