Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who have already completed the 5 day Site Manager’s Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course since 1st January 2005, and whose certification is due to expire (SMSTS must be renewed on a 5 yearly basis). Those who attended prior to 1st January 2005 are advised to attend; however it is not mandatory to do so.
The 2 day refresher course aims to update delegates on recent developments in construction legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues, allowing them to implement best practice and new industry guidance to their work on site.
Certification: Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate (must be renewed every 5 years).
Assessment: The delegates are assessed on a continual basis, leading to a final exam.
Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction, including:
- Work at Height Regulation 2005.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002.
- Control of Vibration at Work.
- Regulations 2005.
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
- Current focus of the HSE.
- Discussion of impact and practical considerations of compliance.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- CDM Regulations 2007.
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2).
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences.
- Fire on Construction sites, including Fire Safety Order 2005.
- Construction waste and Site Waste
- Management Plans.
Course Times: Registration is at 7:45 for an 8:00 start
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.